Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP's are not fail over back to LMS Controller (Brigde)

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  AP's are not fail over back to LMS Controller (Brigde)

Posted Jan 21, 2022 06:34 PM
    Dear expert,
    i have 2 MM controller 
    2 controller configure as acluster(hq) 
    and i have 3 another controller in another 3 branch
    i configure in controller in 3 branches if controller get down all access point get to cluster(hq) 
    and when return to wright contrller (apboot) some access point stuck in hq cluster and return only after rest access point or 2 provision access point to another controller and return to right controller so how can solve if on of three controller get down and access poit stuck in hq

------------------------------
    mohamed gamal

• 2.  RE: AP's are not fail over back to LMS Controller (Brigde)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2022 06:48 PM
    If an access point fails over to a new cluster, the access point forgets that previous cluster and only has knowledge of the ip addresses of the controllers in that new cluster.  That is why it is not good to fail over to a new cluster, if you expect the access points to ever fail back.  A cluster is its own redundancy and access points failing to a new cluster is considered a "last resort".

EDIT:  If you want all of those access points in HQ to go back to the previous cluster, put an LMS-IP in the AP-group to point to one of the controllers in the first cluster.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: AP's are not fail over back to LMS Controller (Brigde)

Posted Jan 21, 2022 07:34 PM
    when show booting sequence to access point i see two ip for 2 controller in cluster so any opinio to solve this isuue

mohamed gamal

• 4.  RE: AP's are not fail over back to LMS Controller (Brigde)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2022 07:39 PM
    There is no solution.  You should not fail over to a second cluster, because your access points will not come back.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 5.  RE: AP's are not fail over back to LMS Controller (Brigde)

Posted Jan 21, 2022 07:46 PM
    solution is bridge if controller become a down all access point in this controller go to cluster but some access point stuck and not return to original controller

mohamed gamal

• 6.  RE: AP's are not fail over back to LMS Controller (Brigde)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2022 07:48 PM
    You should have someone review your design and let you know what your options are.