Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Datalogic Falcon X3+ RF guns drop connection

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Datalogic Falcon X3+ RF guns drop connection

Posted Aug 10, 2021 12:17 PM
    We have been having an issue lately, where our RF guns randomly drop connection from our IAP 205's.
    The RF guns will connect just fine, then after some time, they will simply disconnect.
    Rebooting the RF guns will reconnect them, but after some time goes by, they will disconnect again.
    We have 2 AP's at this location.
    We've had these AP's for about 4 years, and never had any problems with the RF guns up until now.
    All other wireless devices, such as laptops and cell phones have no issues.
    The AP's are running the latest firmware version 6.5.4.20.
    I am at a loss and can't figure out what is causing this.
    If we take the same RF guns to a different location, they work fine, so it must be something specific to this location.

I think it might be interference related, but I'm not 100% sure how to prove that.
    If it is interference related, what settings can I change to help resolve the disconnects?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

------------------------------
    Josh Hammer

• 2.  RE: Datalogic Falcon X3+ RF guns drop connection

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2021 02:56 AM
    Hi Josh,

I've seen Falcons randomly disconnect from the network due to a power save setting on them. Depending on the configuration of the terminals and APs they can sometime have issues waking up from power save.

I would also check if client match is enabled and the client match events on the IAPs :

Finally, check the wifi configuration on the radio terminal, to prevent any power save set up the wifi in CAM mode (continuous active mode) :

Vincent Hebert