Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget

Frequent alerts in AirWave

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Frequent alerts in AirWave

Posted Jan 21, 2021 11:56 AM
    Every couple of days I get list of alerts from one particular IAP - it happens to be the VC for the cluster of IAPs at our high school building. I usually just delete them because they're listed as 'Severity: normal' and there seems to be no impact from them. It looks like one alert with the description of 'cli_rap_gre_ep_request (number) action: add <ip address of IAP>, controller all' is generated referencing each IAP in the cluster, then there are  a small number of alerts like these:

'trap uplink info'

'Sending uplink_up msg to sapd'

'mini_httpd[26590]: bind 0.0.0.0 - Address already in use'

'cli[26339]: tunnel_profile_init(2988): init tunnel profile <default>'

'mdns[5281]: Error in sending PAPI message'

All of this comes from one IAP, the one that's acting as the VC - only that one cluster. When the alerts are deleted, they re-appear about a day or so later.

IAPs in the cluster are 305s and 315, while the VC is a 365. All running 8.6.0.6_8.6.0.6_77124.

Any info on what might trigger these and a possible fix? I'm thinking of just re-booting the VC and allowing a different IAP to assume the role of virtual controller, but not sure that's a real solution.

Thanks. 

Jon Koelker
    Oyster River School District
    Durham, NH

------------------------------
    Jon Koelker
    ------------------------------