Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

SSO Radius and Sophos XG firewall problem

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  SSO Radius and Sophos XG firewall problem

Posted Nov 19, 2020 12:13 AM

SSO Radius and Sophos XG firewall problem

Good day we are using Instant only with 80 AP205 and use Radius authentication and Accounting to the Sophos firewall to sign in the clients but lately when you connect to the Wi-Fi with your cell phone you need to click to login to the Firewall to get internet access it works fine but as soon as you move to a different location and connect to another AP you need to clink sign in again to get internet access.

I'm sure the problem is on the firewall but I read on an Sophos community that someone had the same problem with an Ruckus system and that the 'roaming-acct-interim-update' was disabled and that "class" information is not being copied to radius accounting start message during roaming. Enabling 'roaming-acct-interim-update' resolved the issue.

Do Aruba have something like that and if so where can I check to see if it is enabled?

We never had this problem in the 4 years of having the system installed is just recently started happening after we upgraded the firewall software.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Eric va nder Horst

• 2.  RE: SSO Radius and Sophos XG firewall problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2020 03:53 AM
    I think the Accounting Interval is a similar setting in Instant:

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.

• 3.  RE: SSO Radius and Sophos XG firewall problem

Posted Nov 20, 2020 02:19 AM
    Thanks mine was et to 0 so I set it to 5 min but did not work I'm almost an 100% sure it is on the Firewall side were the problem is so I contacted there support.

Thanks
    Eric

Eric va nder Horst