Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

ERROR no lights

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  ERROR no lights

Posted Feb 02, 2021 12:46 PM
    Hello, 
    I tried to connect my IAP-305 and accidentally connect 54V DC. Before that it showed green light with ENET plug. After that it lights red, then I unplugged it. And now when connecting with ENET  from router it shows no lights. Before it showed greens. How to repair this issiue? I treied to reboot but it not work.

------------------------------
    Darius Sakalas

• 2.  RE: ERROR no lights

MVP
    Posted Feb 19, 2021 04:04 PM
    This is why i personally recommend using PoE injectors which are recommended from Aruba on the Ordering Guide.

In this case, if the PoE was not "flexible" to allow the power supply to be supplied as much as the AP is asking for (which in your case i suppose it didn't happen then the AP was "burned out" and physically damaged from high current.

In this case, i sense that you can't do much other than using your Access Point as souvenir or maybe try with RMA and check if it can be replaced/swapped.

Shpat

• 3.  RE: ERROR no lights

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2021 06:15 AM
    An over-voltage like this 56V instead of 12V will damage the AP and it is highly unlikely that it can be repaired as internal electronics are broken.

Putting high voltage on the AP also voids your lifetime warranty, so you will not be eligible to get this AP replaced without cost, unfortunately. You could try to contact support if they have a paid repair option, but I'm not sure about that.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.