Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave Managing APs

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  AirWave Managing APs

Posted Dec 17, 2021 10:14 AM
    Hello,

We have AirWave managing our 205 APs and they are working fine. Now we are adding additional 505 access points. Can the 505s be added to the virtual controller of the 205? I've tried to let the 505s be managed by the 205 controller but its not working. The 205s are running firmware 6.5 and the 505 which is more current is running 8.7.x.x. I don't know if because they are running different versions, the 205s virtual controller cannot manage the 505s. 

Our network was setup by someone and is not longer with us. The AirWave shared key is hashed and I don't know what the key is. How do I recover that. Can I just changed the shared key on the virtual controller and have no issues?

------------------------------
    I.Sackey

• 2.  RE: AirWave Managing APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 17, 2021 05:35 PM
    the IAP-205s can go up to 6.5.x firmware and AP-505s need a min firmware version of 8.6.x
    so you can not have a instant cluster of IAP-205s and AP-505s

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.