Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Aruba Instant Wi-Fi: Meet the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set-up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget.
Expand all | Collapse all

client connected without Internet

This thread has been viewed 35 times
  • 1.  client connected without Internet

Posted Oct 28, 2021 03:14 AM
    Hi,
    I've a strange issue in a customer site: some client, random, show "connected without Internet". I'm getting mad about this.
    I cannot replicate the issue, I have checked the coverage 2.4 and 5G with my notebook, and I didn't find any problem.
    There are 8 IAP 305, with enterprise ssid and wpa2, connected in a dedicated vlan with microsoft dhcp server. I started from an 6.x firmware and updated till the last one (I've done about 5 upgrade..), but nothing seems to resolve.
    I have checked all networks configurations: switch, vlan, firewall, dhcp logs, etc. It seems to be all correct.
    I'v tried different configurations in the vc for this SSID, but nothing seems good.
    It happens, randomly, that one client (not ever the same) that was working fine, suddenly get "connected without Internet" in the display. It have a correct IP address, mask, gateway and dns. But it can't ping and it doesn't answer to ping. turning off and on again wifi connections resolve the problem, the client mantain same configurations (ip, etc.) and works fine. It coulded be a power managing problems, but there are very different client having the same issue.
    At the begin I was focus only on IOS clients, but they are also android (smarphone or tablet). 
    Customer believes that the problem is only on 5G band, but I can't be sure of that. If I set only 2.4 band on the ssid, clients are too slow to works, so I need 5 GHz for this SSID.

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Emanuele Muneretto

• 2.  RE: client connected without Internet

Posted Oct 28, 2021 05:33 PM
    so what is the current firmware version on your cluster of 8x IAP-305s?

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: client connected without Internet

Posted Oct 29, 2021 01:45 AM
    Hi,
    now the firmware is 8.9.0.0_81161.
    We passed through several version from 6.x to this one.

Thanks

Carabina5

• 4.  RE: client connected without Internet

Posted Oct 29, 2021 06:03 PM
    Do they have any wireless mgmt like Aruba Central or Airwave? with these mgmt tools you can check the amount of time it takes to associate, authenticate, get a DHCP IP addr and DNS resolution.

I suggest to downgrade to either 8.8.0.2 or 8.7.1.6 which have resolved couple of datapath issues.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: client connected without Internet

Posted Nov 02, 2021 02:38 AM
    Hi,
    they don't have Aruba Central or Airwave.

I'm quite sure we passed also through these versions too.

Thanks

Emanuele Muneretto

• 6.  RE: client connected without Internet

Posted Nov 02, 2021 06:01 PM
    ok if thats the case then it is best to open a support case with Aruba support.