Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

LACP and VLAN related questions.

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  LACP and VLAN related questions.

Posted Apr 02, 2021 09:34 AM
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and currently I'm studying LACP as the company I'm working for is using HPE Aruba switches.
    So I found out that there's a slight difference on how the terms are different between HPE and CIsco network devices so
    I'm watching this tutorial and I'm a bit confused. Feel free to read my notes below:

"Here  port 45 and 46 was assigned to Trk1 using lacp protocol"
    trunk 45-46 trk1 lacp

"Here port 47 and 48 was assigned to Trk2 using lacp protocol"
    trunk 47-48 trk2 lacp

"Here's where I got confused. As I know you can only assigned a port to a vlan and declare if it was tagged or untagged.
    Can you also do it with a trunk? And how is the tagged and untagged trunk different?

vlan 100 untagged Trk1
    vlan 100 untagged Trk2
    vlan 200 tagged Trk1
    vlan 210 tagged Trk1
    vlan 210 tagged Trk2
    vlan 400 tagged Trk2

Feel free to post your comments and suggestions, thank you.

• 2.  RE: LACP and VLAN related questions.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 06, 2021 04:58 AM
    You can debate on the terminology, but Trunk in AOS-Switch is what is called port-channel/ether-channel (and is using LACP for control) in other products. Trunks bundle multiple connections to a single logical connection which combines the capacity and redundancy of these connections.

What in other switches is named trunk is the concept of tagging (or untagged/native) VLANs on a connection.

And, yes like you can add VLANs tagged or untagged to Trk logical connections, similar to what you can do on physical ports. Your command example looks correct, just bit weird that VLAN 200 is only on Trk1 and 400 only on Trk2, but the configuration seems valid.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: LACP and VLAN related questions.

Posted Apr 06, 2021 08:11 AM
    So it was the tagged/untagged vlan that should be added to the trunk not the other around. Thanks Herman!