Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

2930f switch prompting for manager credentials even after factory reset

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  2930f switch prompting for manager credentials even after factory reset

Posted Apr 27, 2021 12:30 PM
    I have a 2930f which I'm trying to reset to factory defaults.
    I'm doing the reset/clear combination at the front of the switch and then "erase-all" at the => prompt.
    However when I try to log on (Web UI and CLI) it keeps asking me to "Configure the manager credentials"
    prompting me to enter a username, password, confirm password.

How do I stop it from prompting me this?
    Any information would be a great help.

------------------------------
    MB

• 2.  RE: 2930f switch prompting for manager credentials even after factory reset

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 27, 2021 03:55 PM
    Hi,

What firmware version ?

if you are using manager without password ?

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281

• 3.  RE: 2930f switch prompting for manager credentials even after factory reset

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 28, 2021 09:11 AM
    You should have the 'include-credentials' command in your configuration, and when you factory reset the configuration at that point, the admin users should be gone as well. Admin credentials are stored separately from the configuration file in AOS-Switch.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.