Community Feedback

 View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Mobility Controller and Access Points Required Licenses

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Aruba Mobility Controller and Access Points Required Licenses

    Posted Sep 23, 2021 10:34 PM

    I am looking to buy the Aruba 7005 mobility controller and eight of the  AP-505 FIPS compliant access points. 

    Part number for the mobility controller is

    The part number for the access points are 

    I am new to Aruba so I don't know what licenses I need or if FIPS requires additional license. If you guys could help me out that would be awesome!

    Corey Britton

  • 2.  RE: Aruba Mobility Controller and Access Points Required Licenses

    Posted Sep 24, 2021 10:58 AM
    You don't need a FIPS license to operate in FIPS mode. Just the normal licenses, and of course a FIPS controller and in some cases FIPS compliant APs.

    The best is to discuss with your Aruba partner what is needed and have it verified before your order, then you know for sure you have the right equipment, licenses, and services.

    Herman Robers
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

    In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.