Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.

Airheads members' Points: how it works and how/why they changes (increasing/decreasing)?

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Airheads members' Points: how it works and how/why they changes (increasing/decreasing)?

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 23, 2021 04:44 PM
    Hi!

Premise: I don't care about "Points" associated with my Airheads community profile (it could be 0, I live well anyway)...but I believe something strange happened lately about that meter: until a few days ago, when I browsed the Wired Intelligent Edge discussion section (Technology), I was used to notice some Airheads' "Active Members" listed (among them there was/is mine) with a score associated (unit: "Points").

I recall I've seen mine topping at about 14k points just few days ago...while now it's about at 10k and this noticeable difference made me to think: "What's going on? what are those points? and why that number - score - changed (decreasing so abruptly) that way when, normally, I see it slowly increasing by units?".

I always thought they could be related to received Kudos but, probably, it's simply not that and the algorithm behind that score is a little bit complex (personally I'd prefer to see just a Kudos counter instead of a "Points" counter...but, in the end, it doesn't really matter).

I don't care, I don't see "benefits" in that score...but now that 14k->10k negative variation made me curious enough to ask the question here.

Edit: I'm not lunatic, below a proof:

As of today:

As it was cached by Google on (example) 4 September:

All scores went down...

------------------------------
    Davide Poletto
    ------------------------------