Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.

Airheads members' Points: how it works and how/why they changes (increasing/decreasing)?

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Airheads members' Points: how it works and how/why they changes (increasing/decreasing)?

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 23, 2021 04:44 PM
    Hi!

Premise: I don't care about "Points" associated with my Airheads community profile (it could be 0, I live well anyway)...but I believe something strange happened lately about that meter: until a few days ago, when I browsed the Wired Intelligent Edge discussion section (Technology), I was used to notice some Airheads' "Active Members" listed (among them there was/is mine) with a score associated (unit: "Points").

I recall I've seen mine topping at about 14k points just few days ago...while now it's about at 10k and this noticeable difference made me to think: "What's going on? what are those points? and why that number - score - changed (decreasing so abruptly) that way when, normally, I see it slowly increasing by units?".

I always thought they could be related to received Kudos but, probably, it's simply not that and the algorithm behind that score is a little bit complex (personally I'd prefer to see just a Kudos counter instead of a "Points" counter...but, in the end, it doesn't really matter).

I don't care, I don't see "benefits" in that score...but now that 14k->10k negative variation made me curious enough to ask the question here.

Edit: I'm not lunatic, below a proof:

As of today:

As it was cached by Google on (example) 4 September:

All scores went down...

------------------------------
    Davide Poletto
    ------------------------------