Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

2530/2540 and PowerOverEthernet client problem...

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  2530/2540 and PowerOverEthernet client problem...

Posted Nov 08, 2019 04:26 AM

Hello,

I have problem with few PoE+ powered equiplments (one is Birddog Eyes P200 PTZ camera) which refuses to startup with standard port configuration. If I add "poe-allocated-by value" and "poe-value 20" to switch port equipment starts & works just normal and it draws only <18W from switch.

I tested to have "power-over-ethernet pre-std-detect..." configuration which have no effect to this problem.

Also this P200 camera works well with PoE-injectors and other passive gear so what is wrong with equipment when it acts like this? What does it missing? What does that "poe-allocated-by value" actually do? 

Manufacturer's claims that there is issues in switch or it's configuration but I strongly disagree...

• 2.  RE: 2530/2540 and PowerOverEthernet client problem...

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 12, 2019 04:05 AM

Hi,

Do you have open a issue on TAC ?

• 3.  RE: 2530/2540 and PowerOverEthernet client problem...

Posted Nov 12, 2019 04:45 AM
    No I have not open ticket to TAC because I’m pretty sure that this issue is in camera rather than switch...

I just try to figure out what can be wrong in camera firmware which causes switch to deny poe+ from connected camera if port does not have ”poe-allocated-by value” configuration in connecting ports...

• 4.  RE: 2530/2540 and PowerOverEthernet client problem...

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 12, 2019 10:08 AM

TAC can help you for found what it is wrong with PoE

• 5.  RE: 2530/2540 and PowerOverEthernet client problem...

Posted Aug 01, 2022 01:39 PM
    The issue is that the Birddog cameras only support the initial hardware POE detection. They don't then negotiate the additional power requirement with the switch as per the standard