Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

Device fingerprimting stopped working

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Device fingerprimting stopped working

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 06, 2022 05:28 AM
    Hi
    I have a number of 2930 switches ( WC.16.10.18)  configured  to  implement device fingerprinting. I have this running in a home ( baby switch WC 16.11.4)  where it just works through reboots and all.

Just logged onto my work switches ( uptime 50 days ... and show device-fingerprinting client-details shows ......  nothing , no client details at all. nothing in log files to indicate device fingerprinting is happening at all .

Short of rebooting switch ( cant do that without a lot of pain) any idea what i can do to start this. ?
    It's not just 1 switch, its all of them configured to implement device fingerprinting

Have enabled lldp,cdp,http,dhcp 

would expect to see windows devices, aruba APs  and a few other stuff

dhcp-snoop  works just fine so can see mac addresses / ip addresses on a switch port

A

------------------------------
    Alex Sharaz

• 2.  RE: Device fingerprimting stopped working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 06, 2022 06:57 AM

Hi Alex,

You can try to flap a port, where DFP is applied and check the status with "show device-fingerprinting client-status". What is the status for this port?

I am pretty sure you got the DFP technical whitepaper document. Did you go through the troubleshooting steps described there?

Stanislav Naydenov

• 3.  RE: Device fingerprimting stopped working

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 06, 2022 07:27 AM
    Hi,
    Fingerprints seem to have come back, read somewhere that they are cleared off switch every 30 mins, just logged onto switches and fingerprints back

A

• 4.  RE: Device fingerprimting stopped working

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 06, 2022 07:24 AM
    Crisis over, just logged onto switches and all the fngerprints have appeared again.  Just read that the fingerprints     are only held on the  switch for 30 mins, so  guess i hit the period bewteen them being deleted and recreated
    A

Alex Sharaz

• 5.  RE: Device fingerprimting stopped working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 06, 2022 07:42 AM
    Hi Alex,

yes, that's correct (details are removed after 30 minutes). Good that you have clarified the situation already.

Stanislav Naydenov