Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2530 virtual stack upgrade

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2530 virtual stack upgrade

Posted May 17, 2022 01:00 PM
    Hello all,

I'd like to update two Aruba 2530 stacked switches but I'm not sure how to proceed as it's not a "real" stack.

Do I have to update the firmware of the commander only and it will be pushed and synchronized with the member one or do I have to update each switch separatly ?

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2530 virtual stack upgrade

MVP GURU
    Posted May 17, 2022 06:22 PM
    Hello David, the Aruba 2530 Switch series doesn't support "Virtual Stacking" and so what you're referring to is "Stacking for Management (purposes, I add)". In that scenario an Aruba 2530 Switch acts as "Commander" and all connected others are "Members", IMHO you should be able to push the relevant ArubaOS-Switch OS updates independently to each one Switch being part the Stack for Management (purposes).

------------------------------
    Davide Poletto

• 3.  RE: Aruba 2530 virtual stack upgrade

Posted May 18, 2022 11:58 AM
    Hello Davide,

Yes, this is exactly what I'm refering to.
    In this configuration, should we start upgrading the Commander or the member first ?

Thank you.

David

• 4.  RE: Aruba 2530 virtual stack upgrade

MVP GURU
    Posted May 18, 2022 04:06 PM
    Hi David, while I never played with such of a "Stack for Management (purposes)" scenario with those switch series, I strongly believe that - exactly because the relationship between the Commander and other Members is just setup for management purposes (and there isn't a virtual stacking) - you should be free to start the software update on whatever member you want.

Davide Poletto

• 5.  RE: Aruba 2530 virtual stack upgrade

Posted May 20, 2022 10:12 AM
    Hello,

Thank you.
    I'll try to upgrade the switches next week.

Dazni