Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 29 minutes ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

PoE Over Draw

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  PoE Over Draw

Posted Dec 03, 2020 10:00 AM
    Over the thanksgiving holiday weekend I upgraded our schools 2930M switches to the latest firmware which is WC.16.10.0011. This week I've seen an issue on the same switch stack where now two Shoretel IP115 phones are not booting and the switch port is reporting 'port 1/27 PD Over Current Indication'. These phones only draw at peak 4 watts and nothing has changed in my network except the firmware update. Has anyone seen this before? Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this more effectively? It just seems like such an odd issue to crop up.

------------------------------
    Andy Mesich

• 2.  RE: PoE Over Draw

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 04, 2020 03:17 PM
    What do you have the log ?

What do you have when you use show poe (statistics) command ?

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281