Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS-CX- VLAN jumbo frames

This thread has been viewed 84 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS-CX- VLAN jumbo frames

Posted Jan 22, 2021 09:44 AM
    I am replacing a fleet of HPE Pro switches with a mix of Aruba 6400s and 6300M, so I am translating their Pro curve configuration to an ArubaOS-CX equivalent.

I have noticed that regarding jumbo frames Pro Curve enables it on a per VLAN basis which is very useful to enable network wide deployments for Storage VLANs or VLANs supporting GRE tunnels.

I found that ArubaOS-CX only allows you to change mtu size (jumbo frames) on per interface basis.
    mtu X (on physical interfaces)  or
    ip mtu X (on vlan interfaces - SVI)

One of those VLANs potentially has over 100 ports on multiple switches, it would be a massive undertaking to track them down and configure all of them.

Has anyone had this problem before? I wonder if I am missing a command or something?

------------------------------
    Douglas

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS-CX- VLAN jumbo frames

Posted Jan 22, 2021 08:13 PM
    Hi,

On my lab I get jumbos working end-to-end by setting "mtu <size>" on physical interfaces and "ip mtu <size>" on each VLAN that has an IP address.
    I guess you have to add both if you do Layer 3 on the switch.
    You also have the option to add "ip mtu <size>" to each physical interface, that I guess is for the case where you add IP addresses directly to them (possible with CX; not with procurve).

Regards

Ricardo Duarte

• 3.  RE: ArubaOS-CX- VLAN jumbo frames

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 23, 2021 04:09 AM
    Hi, I believe it's worth to read this very recent thread too.

• 4.  RE: ArubaOS-CX- VLAN jumbo frames

MVP
    Posted Jan 23, 2021 07:25 PM

I also will have to take a good bit of time to adjust.  It would be much more helpful to use VLAN and apply it that way, since some of our vlans are Jumbo and some arent, but most are shared on the interfaces.  

Phillip Horn