Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

How to disable SNMPv2 on AOS-CX

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  How to disable SNMPv2 on AOS-CX

Posted Mar 31, 2021 01:02 PM

Hello everyone,

So we are currently implementing SNMPv3 on our network, but we are wondering if there is way to stop SNMPv2 agent from listening to incoming request.

We try removing the command "snmp-server vrf", but this stops listening to all incoming requests. 

If more info is needed let us know, and I will provided.

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Ivan Marquez

• 2.  RE: How to disable SNMPv2 on AOS-CX

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 01, 2021 06:25 PM
    This should work

6300(config)# snmp-server
    # snip
    snmpv3-only   Accepts SNMPv3 messages only, SNMPv1 and SNMPv2c will be disabled ​

DWan

• 3.  RE: How to disable SNMPv2 on AOS-CX

Posted Apr 02, 2021 04:26 AM
    We're setting up various CX switches with version 10.6 and want to use snmpv3, but I don't see any command snmpv3-only.
    Looking at one of our 2930F switches there is a command snmpv3 only.

• 4.  RE: How to disable SNMPv2 on AOS-CX

Posted Apr 02, 2021 04:56 AM

Hi,

I recently had the same issue. (https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=a32ea789-1247-4d56-b1e7-bb59253e9cef&CommunityKey=22dc38ea-a1e1-4059-b55e-a622fedecf32&tab=digestviewer#bma32ea789-1247-4d56-b1e7-bb59253e9cef)

From what I understood, disabling snmpv2 is not possible with CX right now. I ended up to set the community string to something cryptical and configure v3 additionally.

Maik Maier

• 5.  RE: How to disable SNMPv2 on AOS-CX

Posted Apr 06, 2021 03:17 PM
    Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully they will add this feature in the future.

Ivan Marquez