Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

CX Switch BPDU timeouts

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  CX Switch BPDU timeouts

Posted Dec 23, 2020 10:39 AM

Is there a command to dynamically re-enable a BPDU guarded port after 60 seconds in CX series?  I do this in AOS switches with the command "spanning-tree bpdu-protection-timeout 60" but I can not find anything in CX similar to this.

------------------------------
    Alan Scott

• 2.  RE: CX Switch BPDU timeouts

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 23, 2020 12:52 PM

Doesn't the spanning-tree bpdu-guard timeout <INTERVAL> ArubaOS-CX command work for you? timeout can be specified with <INTERVAL> value which admit a number between 1 and 65535 seconds (default is disabled -> never automatically re-enable). Quite sure it is available on AOS-CX 10.5 and 10.6.

Davide Poletto

• 3.  RE: CX Switch BPDU timeouts

Posted Dec 23, 2020 01:23 PM

Thanks I will have a look I am on CX 10.4 at the moment and trying to upgrade but its a lab setup and painfully slow.  Will have to wait until Im back in the office after the holidays.  Glad to hear it may be an option.

Alan Scott

• 4.  RE: CX Switch BPDU timeouts
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 23, 2020 01:33 PM

Hi Alan, IIRC on AOS-CX 10.4 that command wasn't available. I'm quite sure it was added with AOS-CX 10.5. So if you've the chance of upgrading your lab setup to AOS-CX 10.5 or 10.6 for sure your switch will support that command.

Davide Poletto