Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Importing Certificate to 3810M to enable Downloadable Roles for ClearPass

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Importing Certificate to 3810M to enable Downloadable Roles for ClearPass

Posted Sep 23, 2019 10:46 AM

Hi,

I have imported the Subordinate CA into clearpass, as well as the SSL certificate so that HTTPS successfully works. I now need to import the CA onto the access switch (3810M) to enable the downloadable user role function.

I have followed the guide (Wired Policy Enforcement) and created the ta- profile. However the guide then says to use tftp or sftp to import the certificate, however this is not feasable as the cusotmer will not open the required ports on their DC firewalls. Is there another way to get the certificate onto the switch?

Thanks in advance. 

• 2.  RE: Importing Certificate to 3810M to enable Downloadable Roles for ClearPass
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 23, 2019 01:46 PM

You can use the usb port, or connect locally to the switch and uplink via a direct connected ethernet port.

BUT...

There is no need for manual installation anymore.

From the manual:
    To improve the ease of deployment, Aruba switch allows automatic downloading of the root CA certificate of ClearPass servers. As a part of the ZTP process, if the configuration of the switch is provided with an additional keyword ClearPass in RADIUS configuration, the switch will contact ClearPass and download the root CA certificates. This simplifies use cases such as Downloadable User Roles as well as Device Fingerprinting with ClearPass

Please read the latest Access Security Guide for ArubaOS-Switch guide,you will need certain firmware levels on both switch and clearpass.

Config Example:
    # radius-server host <IP> clearpass # crypto ca-download usage clearpass retry 3

• 3.  RE: Importing Certificate to 3810M to enable Downloadable Roles for ClearPass

Posted Sep 24, 2019 08:54 AM

Thanks Fabian, I was going to use a USB but couldn't figure out how to associate it with the ta-profile. I will upgrade my switch and give the automatic download a go!

Thanks.