Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass guest - initial value (structured)

This thread has been viewed 54 times
  • 1.  Clearpass guest - initial value (structured)

Posted Apr 16, 2021 04:43 AM

Hi Airheads,

in Clearpass Guest, we need to make a page with a field that has a fixed structure. I.e. if the current user (or sponsor) = Uxxxxx , we need to generate a field with a structure of "M-Uxxxxx" , the "M" is fixed, with a variable "Uxxxxx" (copied from "sponsor_name") 

I was hoping this could be done in a (new) custom field and set the initial value. Tried a few combination with the "array generator" , but i can't find much details about it. Is any in-depth documentation available? 
    Maybe this isn't the best way, any tips & tricks to generate this new fields are welcome 

Thx in advance

------------------------------
    Danny Bosman (KBC Group Belgium)

• 2.  RE: Clearpass guest - initial value (structured)

Posted Apr 21, 2021 07:28 AM
    Hello, 
    anyone has an idea ? 

Danny Bosman

• 3.  RE: Clearpass guest - initial value (structured)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 26, 2021 11:09 AM
    Greetings Danny.  I am a little unclear on your needs as you are mucking with initial value yet it depends on what they type.  You need all this on a self-registration page?  Or part of administrative Create?

Either way, the template for what I think you need is at https://afp.arubanetworks.com/afp/index.php/How-to:_Client_Side_Username_Generation_on_Amigopod. This page describes JavaScript needed in the Footer HTML of the page in question and then the field config needed to pick it up on submit.  Username is given as an example but the code is vague and you can read any fields value and write to any other field on the page.  All this would occur on submit.  Does it align with your needs?

Garth Benedict

• 4.  RE: Clearpass guest - initial value (structured)

Posted Apr 27, 2021 01:43 PM
    Hi Gard, 
    Danny is an Airheads member from KBC Group Belgium (End customer), so he can not open the partner and Aruba confidential materials. 
    Nevertheless, I also encounters problems reading the page. I'm a solution design engineer working for Orange Cyberdefense Belgium (platinum partner) and supporting KBC Group on their Aruba Solutions. As I tried to open the page, i really see the header "How-to: Client Side Username Generation on Amigopod", but there is nothing else to read in the body text? 
    So Can you helps us on this?
    Thanks in advance!
    Joris Van den Bergh
    Orange Cyberdefense Belgium

Joris Van den Bergh

• 5.  RE: Clearpass guest - initial value (structured)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 28, 2021 10:32 AM
    I think there is a typo in the link. Check this one (there was a trailing dot in the original link).

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass guest - initial value (structured)

Posted Apr 28, 2021 10:53 AM
    Herman,
    This link works, thanks!
    Joris

Joris Van den Bergh

• 7.  RE: Clearpass guest - initial value (structured)

Posted Apr 30, 2021 02:29 AM

Garth, Herman

this was indeed what I was looking for... Adjusted the code a bit, works fine now !

Thx for your support 

Danny Bosman
    KBC Group - Belgium