Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Onguard Still Allowing Access For Non Compliant Devices

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Onguard Still Allowing Access For Non Compliant Devices

Posted Dec 01, 2020 10:48 AM
    Hello, im trying to set up Clearpass Onguard, i followed the configuration guide document from 2015. Currently, i set it up to check firewall, when i connected to the Onguard SSID and then turned off the firewall, i can still access the network. The access tracker didn't reject anything. The auto remediation works, but i expected that there would be a period that would allow the device to be denied access to the network because the firewall was turned off.

Any idea what i should check for this? Or maybe there are new and complete configuration guide for Onguard? 
    Thank you.

------------------------------
    AA

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Onguard Still Allowing Access For Non Compliant Devices

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2020 04:17 AM
    Do you see the non-compliance posted to ClearPasss via the WEBAUTH service? You should as an enforcement to that Webauth trigger a response, typically a CoA to change the role or disconnect/bounce the user and then in the 802.1X/MAC service check posture status and assign a role that blocks the traffic you want to block.

Have you configured that part of the workflow as well?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Onguard Still Allowing Access For Non Compliant Devices

Posted Dec 02, 2020 04:47 AM
    I did the following on the service template:
    The template created something like this, which i think is used to bounce the user:
    Im still not sure about the role assigment, how do i change the role on the controller after the clearpass assign it?

AA

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Onguard Still Allowing Access For Non Compliant Devices

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 07, 2020 06:16 AM
    Do you have created the role basic_quarantine on your controller/AP?

What do you see in Access Tracker? Just the wireless authentication, or also the WEBAUTH?

This is probably easy to solve when someone can see interactively what is happening, it is hard to tell in this forum without full insight in the services, and Access Tracker. I would recommend to reach out to your Partner or Aruba Support.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.