Security

View Only
last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Radius Certificate

This thread has been viewed 32 times
  • 1.  Radius Certificate

Posted Apr 27, 2021 12:30 PM
    Hello,

I would need support about the radius certificate operation. I have to renew my CPPM radius certificate and I have a cluster with one publisher and three subscribers, right now there are users authenticating through EAP-TLS and I have some doubts:

- If I'm going to renew my certificate, uploading another one with the same data, do I need to make any change in my user's supplicants related to "check server's certificate"? I understand that it would not be necessary
    - What are all "services and/or features" related to the radius certificate? I would like to know how it is going to impact to the service this "certificate renew", I understand that it is not going to have any impact but I would like to study all assumptions.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards.

------------------------------
    //

• 2.  RE: Radius Certificate
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 27, 2021 01:25 PM
    If the client supplicants are properly configured and the EAP server certificate's root and subject name remain the same, then there should be no impact to clients.

All RADIUS authentication in CPPM will briefly "blip" when the EAP server certificate is changed.

Tim C

• 3.  RE: Radius Certificate

Posted May 06, 2021 05:44 AM
    Thank you very much for your support Tim!!!

//