Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA Linux Client

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  VIA Linux Client

Posted Nov 18, 2020 04:56 AM
    Hi All

I have 7240XM controllers as VPN concentrators for our remote access solution using VIA running on AOS 8.4.0.6.
    All Windows, OSX and iOS clients are working as expected, but we have just started testing Linux clients and have run into issues. I've tested on Centos and Ubuntu, and have managed to get the client installed, however they will not connect.
    Before I log a case, is there any specific config required on the controller to get Linux clients connected? Is there an option to turn on some verbose output when connecting via the CLI?

The Linux clients I am testing with are VMs

Edit: The authentication profile downloads successfully but it will not establish a VPN connection

Thanks

• 2.  RE: VIA Linux Client

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2020 04:36 AM
    Please log a case. There should not be any difference on the controller side between Windows or Linux clients. If you have a Windows client that works, and just see this with Linux clients, TAC should be able to help you.

What I once experienced with VIA on Linux is that if you installed another VPN (or that was pre-installed by your Linux distribution) and that is running in the background, the VIA 'service' may not be able to run as the control socket is in use by the other VPN. I only tested with Ubuntu. Also, make sure that the Linux version you are running is supported.

Here is an overview of CLI commands for the Linux version of VIA.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.
    ------------------------------