Security

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

which departments work with celarpass at your insititution?

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  which departments work with celarpass at your insititution?

Posted Jun 16, 2021 02:24 PM
    Hi all,

I'm curious to learn where Clearpass lives in medium/large organizations. Specifically, I'm referring to a cluster deployment of Clearpass appliances. Does a separate team do patching and upgrades? Who does design and development? Who maintains policies? How involved is your help desk? Do they just view or make changes? Does the network engineer do it all? CPPM certainly plays a lot of roles for us (TACACS, policy manager, RADIUS, guest services). I realize all organizations are different but I'm wondering if there's a pattern. on how others chunk this out.

Thanks!
    Mike

• 2.  RE: which departments work with celarpass at your insititution?

Posted Jun 16, 2021 05:00 PM

We have 2 C3000V servers in a cluster. About 25K devices, ~13K users.

Our server team is responsible for the actual VM. Once it was deployed, it was handed off to one Network Engineer (me) to design, configure, and deploy. I am responsible for patching and upgrades.

Our Help Desk team and Desktop team have some access. They can view access tracker to diagnose issues, as well as register devices on behalf of other users. (so a student is having issues, Help Desk can login and register a device to that student)

------------------------------
    Christopher Wickline
    ------------------------------