Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

OnGuard agent on Macs and SSO

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  OnGuard agent on Macs and SSO

Posted Jun 08, 2021 08:56 AM
    Hi everyone,

We're introducing OnGuard in our environment and while it's mostly working for us for the Windows 10 machines, we've noticed an interesting behaviour on the Macs.  On Windows, the agent will automatically grab your login credentials so there's little input required from the user.  On Macs though, we're not seeing the agent's login window auto populate with their login credentials.  

Is this the norm for the Macs or is there some kind of setting that we should look into either in OnGuard or on the Mac?

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Jose Robles

• 2.  RE: OnGuard agent on Macs and SSO

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 15, 2021 09:40 AM
    I have not seen such a feature. Moving to client certificate authentication may make it easier for users to authenticate, but I think the MacOS does not expose the credentials used to sign in to the computer. In my experience, if you connect to file-servers, you need to individually authenticate as well, but that may be how I use my Mac.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: OnGuard agent on Macs and SSO

Posted Jun 16, 2021 08:04 AM
    Thanks for the response Herman.  Certificates are certainly an interesting option and we'll see if it's something we can use in our environment.  But this would be something that also gets applied to Windows and not just Macs, right?

Jose Robles

• 4.  RE: OnGuard agent on Macs and SSO

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2021 08:09 AM
    Not necessarily, but if you start with it for Macs, it is logical to make the Windows clients more secure in the same effort.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.