Security

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Enterprise security using ClearPass Policy Management, ClearPass Security Exchange, IntroSpect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

More than one Guest Network

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  More than one Guest Network

MVP
    Posted 20 days ago
    I´m looking for a solution, to create two different guest networksm both for wired and wireless use.

On the wireless side, I assume I could create two different SSIDs and create two self registration pages in ClearPass. But I´m afraid all registered users will have access two both networks.
    And I have no idea how to impelement this on the wired side...

Any thoughts on this?

------------------------------
    Matthias Pohl

• 2.  RE: More than one Guest Network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 20 days ago
    Start here for wired guest:  https://asp.arubanetworks.com/downloads/documents/RmlsZTpmMDY3Y2UwYS1lNmZiLTExZWEtYjFjMi0zYmZjN2Y0MzMxNDI%3D

Do you want your guests to ONLY have access to wired OR wireless?  I want to understand your concern.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: More than one Guest Network

MVP
    Posted 20 days ago
    They should have access to both wired and wireless.

I´ve already implemented this for one single guest network. Now I´m looking for a way how to setup a second guest network.

Thx. for the link to the solution guide. I´ll check it.

Matthias Pohl

• 4.  RE: More than one Guest Network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 20 days ago
    If you are using the same guest database, guest credentials that work on the wireless network should work on the wired network.  The only difference is that a device that has a wired and wireless card will have different mac addresses and will be seen as a different device, so mac caching will not work between wired and wireless, but the credentials will work.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.