Security

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Subscriber doesn't sent sponsor email

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Subscriber doesn't sent sponsor email

Posted Jun 03, 2021 05:19 PM
    Hi Experts!
    I have a question.

I have a cluster of 02 ClearPass servers, but when I try to use the self-registration page located in the subscriber server, it doesn't sent the approval email to the sponsor email. In the event viewer, it shows this error message: 

Is this normal? Do I have to handle the mailing from the publisher server?

Regards: Carlos Villanueva

------------------------------
    Carlos Villanueva

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Subscriber doesn't sent sponsor email

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 04, 2021 03:35 AM
    Is a mail server configured on both nodes?

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/6.9/PolicyManager/Content/CPPM_UserGuide/Admin/messaging.html?Highlight=smtp

Craig Syme

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Subscriber doesn't sent sponsor email

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2021 05:55 AM
    Looks to me that your mail server is requiring authentication of the SMTP session, but there is either no username/password, or a wrong one configured in ClearPass, or you have not excluded your mail server from authentication of mail coming from the subscriber.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.