Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass SMS Gateway "Your SMS credits are out"

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  ClearPass SMS Gateway "Your SMS credits are out"

Posted Nov 29, 2020 10:05 PM
    Hi,

I am using a SMS Gateway service that never runs out of credits. The service does not track credits so is not providing ClearPass with a value for the remaining credits. ClearPass is reporting that "Your SMS credits are out, please contract your SMS Global reseller".

I am using ClearPass version 6.9.3.130657 and SMS Services Plugin version 6.9.3-130657. The SMS Services Plugin has a field named 'Credit Warning' can be set to 0. Even at that value the error about SMS credits is in the UI. Additionally, ClearPass is sending emails about this non-issue every time I use the SMS Gateway.

Can anyone suggest a way to stop the error in the UI and or the Alert emails?

------------------------------
    colan haisell

• 2.  RE: ClearPass SMS Gateway "Your SMS credits are out"

Posted Nov 30, 2020 03:03 AM
    hi,

did you test sms on the  gui with your phone

is it working or not ?

• 3.  RE: ClearPass SMS Gateway "Your SMS credits are out"

Posted Nov 30, 2020 04:22 PM
    Hi, yes the SMS Gateway tested and working but get the error in the GUI and email message about the same error.

colan haisell

• 4.  RE: ClearPass SMS Gateway "Your SMS credits are out"
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2020 05:49 AM

Colan,

Please reach out to Aruba Support to find out what has happened with this integration. It may be that your specific SMS provider has changed the offering (like from metered to unmetered/unlimited) and the API or remaining number of credits reporting changed. One (quick) option is to change to the generic SMS provider and manually configure the API as offered by your SMS provider, which may need some testing and Support should be able to assist with that as well if you can't get it done yourself. Support would also be the point of contact to get the integration updated if needed.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass SMS Gateway "Your SMS credits are out"

Posted Nov 30, 2020 04:25 PM
    Herman,

Thanks for the insight on this topic. I will look at whats available via the SMS Providers API and to see if that matches up with the Generic SMS Gateway.

I really appreciate your ClearPass videos and contribution to AirHeads :)

colan haisell

• 6.  RE: ClearPass SMS Gateway "Your SMS credits are out"

Posted Nov 30, 2020 11:03 PM
    I changed from SMSGlobal to SMPP v3.4. This resolved the issue with UI notifications and emails about there being no SMS Credits.

It appears that SMS Credit values are not checked when using SMPP V3.4.
    SMPP v3.4 SMS Gateways do not check SMS Credits remaining.

colan haisell

• 7.  RE: ClearPass SMS Gateway "Your SMS credits are out"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 01, 2020 04:20 AM
    Thanks for reporting back. Others in the same situation may benefit from this knowledge.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.