Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 8.2.3.1 High memory utilization

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Airwave 8.2.3.1 High memory utilization

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2020 11:46 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have a pressing issue, i do have an airwave configured with 24 gb of ram and 75 gb disk, 53 devices are being monitored. Airwave OS Version 8.2.3.1, but i am getting very high memory utilization approx 22 gb. 

I have another customer with more number of devices and RAM is also more, but there memory utilization is normal.

Can share some light on this please.

• 2.  RE: Airwave 8.2.3.1 High memory utilization

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 21, 2020 12:17 PM

Version 8.2.3.1 is very old and end-of-support december 2019, my advise would be an upgrade to a newer version, 8.2.11.2 is the latest one.

Note upgrade from 8.2.3.1 needs you an upgrade path in 3 or 4 steps.

• 3.  RE: Airwave 8.2.3.1 High memory utilization

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2020 01:46 PM

Thank you for your response. I understand that and we are planning to upgrade. But, i just wanted to know why this phenomenon is happening ?

• 4.  RE: Airwave 8.2.3.1 High memory utilization
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 21, 2020 05:50 PM

Hi Joxor,

Hard to say what the root cause could be of the high memory utilization. Onlything i can say that there are many and many bugfixes over time and your version is pretty old (mid 2017).

I have production systems with 100 managed devices that run smooth on only 16GB memory. Follow the sizing guide, but note that for Airwave this recommendation are validated lab designs and no hard requirements.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00104863en_us

If you like to troubleshoot this i would recommend to open a Aruba TAC case for this.

• 5.  RE: Airwave 8.2.3.1 High memory utilization

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 02, 2020 11:20 AM
    As mentioned TAC case will be the best to find the cause. However, upgrade is highly recommended since the code is out of support. We can also check the "top -c" command output to check which process is taking up more RAM. Also, is this a VM? and what is the CPU provided?

------------------------------
    Vishnu Mannil
    ------------------------------