Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

HPE IMC Device Model Showing - Unknown SNMP Product

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  HPE IMC Device Model Showing - Unknown SNMP Product

Posted Oct 25, 2020 09:32 AM

When i Try to add CheckPoint Firewall to the IMC , IMC showing  , SNMP device Model Unknown

but i can see  SYSOID

sysOID1.3.6.1.4.1.2620.1.6.123.1.88

showing  am using IMC - 7.3  (E0705P07)

Database : MYSQL - version 8.0.0

how i will add SNMP MIB also how i will take auto-backup for the same ,

requesuing support

• 2.  RE: HPE IMC Device Model Showing - Unknown SNMP Product

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2020 05:15 PM
    To add a definition for the device to IMC so it recognizes what it is and categorizes it properly:

System --> Resource Management --> Device Definition
    From there you'll need to add:
    • vendor: Checkpoint
    • series: <whatever applies can be anything>
    • model: <the model>  
    Associate the model with the sysoid and assign it a category (i.e.: security)

IMC doesn't natively support config backup from Checkpoint, but you can add custom adapters.  It uses tcl scripts and basically will ssh to the device and instruct it to send backup via tftp/sftp/etc to IMC (tftp by default, to use a different method that's setup in service --> Configuration Center --> Options --> File Transfer Mode).  I usually copy and hack one of the existing adapters which are in iMC/server/conf/adapters/icc on the IMC server.  The folder would need to match the vendor (Checkpoint).  Within the CheckPoint Folder adapter-index.xml instructs the device based on sysoid (wildcards are supported) what adapter to use.  The adapters would be in a subfolder inside the Checkpoint folder.  Use existing adapters for reference beyond that.
    More info in the Admin Guide "Extending and customizing functions to support third-party devices"

------------------------------
    Wade Wells
    ------------------------------