Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

VLAN for Intercom system

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  VLAN for Intercom system

Posted Aug 18, 2021 06:02 PM
    Hi there

I have HP-Aruba 8360 switch as a core switch. I have multiple VLANs for different system on core switch. Now I asked to create Vlan for 30 Intercom. Can someone guide me that how I can create intercom VLAN. Do i need voice and data vlan  or just data vlan.

Your guidance would be much more appreciated.

Regards

Khan

------------------------------
    Adnan Khan

• 2.  RE: VLAN for Intercom system

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 19, 2021 12:00 PM
    Hello Khan, do those intercom devices support VLAN tagging or are just VLAN-unaware?

If the latter then you can simply define access ports with a Native VLAN id dedicated to those intercom devices (Native VLAN id = ports will be untagged member of that VLAN id), if the former you can simply define the access ports with a Native VLAN id with the "tag" option (Native VLAN id tagged = ports will be tagged member of that VLAN id <- this way ports accept outbound/inbound packets if - and only if - they are tagged on that particular VLAN id).

Creating a VLAN id dedicated for intercom devices on your Core switch Aruba 8360 should be as easy as you already did for all others VLAN ids.

Davide Poletto

• 3.  RE: VLAN for Intercom system

Posted Aug 20, 2021 11:40 AM
    Hello Davide 

Yes, those intercom devices support VLAN tag.

Khan

The content of this email is considered privileged. If you are not its intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies immediately.

• 4.  RE: VLAN for Intercom system

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 21, 2021 09:50 AM
    OK but just answering that a particular "intercom device" supports VLAN tagging without specifying if you're going to deploy it on the interface where that device is connected...it is not useful (VLAN Tagging support != a mandatory use).

In any case, if you're going to use VLAN Tagging on ports where those "intercom devices" are connected go on and, as suggested, follow one configuration (Native VLAN Id tagged) otherwise follow the other one (Native VLAN id).

Davide Poletto