Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Wifi spectrum monitoring possible on IAPs?

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Wifi spectrum monitoring possible on IAPs?

Posted Oct 22, 2021 09:34 AM
    Hi,
    we use Airwave as a monitoring tool. I'm wondering if it's possible to do spectrum analysis on our IAP's.
    I heard that RF protect is something that looks like this, but that's controller based (and requires a license). So this would not help us, because we have IAP's.

Can anyone give me more info on this, please?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Bram D'hoore

• 2.  RE: Wifi spectrum monitoring possible on IAPs?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2021 10:56 AM
    Instant APs can do spectrum monitoring, yes.  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_88_WebHelp/Content/instant-ug/spectrum-monit/spectrum-monitor.htm

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Wifi spectrum monitoring possible on IAPs?

Posted Oct 25, 2021 02:51 AM
    Thanks for the reply.
    The spectrum monitor guide you provided, was something I already found, but is not what I meant with my question. The thing in the guide you provided is just to check rogue AP's - that was what I'm told from one of our Aruba contacts.
    With spectrum monitoring, I meant something like the image below:

Is it possible to select one of our APs and let it run a spectrum monitor for x time?
    Afterwards I would be able to analyze this and try to pinpoint possible interfering devices in particular areas.

Bram D'hoore

• 4.  RE: Wifi spectrum monitoring possible on IAPs?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 25, 2021 05:11 AM
    The feature is indeed for spectrum monitoring:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_88_WebHelp/Content/instant-ug/spectrum-monit/spec-data-newui.htm

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.