Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

CX-6100 SNMP reports incorrect device temperature

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  CX-6100 SNMP reports incorrect device temperature

Posted Aug 23, 2021 08:38 PM
    Hi

I have a customer who is using IMC to manage the Aruba CX-6100. The IMC is on ver 7.3 e0705p12 and the 6100 is on 10.7.50. I uploaded the latest mib (arubaox-cx_10.07.0010_mibs_22ndJul2021). 

IMC is showing warning for the switch as temperature is 27000 Celcius. Below is a screen capture.

I did a SNMPWalk on that OID but it doesn't exactly tell me whether that OID is the correct mib for temperature sensor. 

I had a look at the MIB file (entity-sensor-mib.mib) but there are no corresponding OID. 

Does anyone have experience with this? It is probably missing a decimal point. 

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Simon Lim

• 2.  RE: CX-6100 SNMP reports incorrect device temperature
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 24, 2021 01:34 AM
    Hello Simon, yep...most likely those reported values should be divided by 1000 so, as example, the 27000 Celsius is really 27.000 Celsius (even if, considering the Hardware sensors, I believe a 3 decimal point accuracy would be too optimistic).

Davide Poletto

• 3.  RE: CX-6100 SNMP reports incorrect device temperature

Posted Aug 25, 2021 08:33 PM
    Hi Davide

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I did another SNMP Get on the OID and browse to the switch GUI for the temperature. It was 27000C (SNMP Get) vs 27C (GUI reading). 

Simon Lim