Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AIR-WAVE / Keep the surfing data of each client.

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  AIR-WAVE / Keep the surfing data of each client.

Posted Jul 01, 2021 12:52 PM

Hello,

I use Air-Wave to monitor my Aruba wireless network and I would like to keep for one year all the websites that have been visited by each customer who received a code to connect to the Wifi.

What parameter should I change in Air-Wave to keep this data for one year? (see example image for 1 customer below)

Thank you.

------------------------------
    Valentin Pannatier

• 2.  RE: AIR-WAVE / Keep the surfing data of each client.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 01, 2021 01:18 PM
    The max retention we can keep for Traffic analysis is 30 days for now. This can be set under Amp setup --> General --> Historic data retention --> Traffic Analysis Data Retention Interval

Vishnu Mannil
    Aruba ERT

If my post addresses your query, give kudos :)

• 3.  RE: AIR-WAVE / Keep the surfing data of each client.

Posted Jul 02, 2021 02:09 AM
    Hello,

Thank you.

And if I have e.g. 30 days retention and I decrease the value to 15, how long does it take to take effect?

Yesterday I had 25 days saved, I decreased the value of "Traffic Analysis Data Retention Interval" to 15, and today I only have the logs from 28.06 to 02.07 (that is only 5 days...) This is strange.

Valentin Pannatier

• 4.  RE: AIR-WAVE / Keep the surfing data of each client.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 02, 2021 10:58 AM
    Once the data retention is decreased, the data is purged nightly during nightly maintenance. 
    If the reduction is for 15 days and see only for 5 days, then the data from those 10 days may have not captured initially. there is no way to retrieve lost data if its purged. However, if you continue to see 5 days data even with 15 days retention then it should be checked by TAC in shell to see if the retention is properly updated and no other issues.

Gowri Sankar Amujuri