Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

airwave polling of an MM to gather Rogue AP information

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  airwave polling of an MM to gather Rogue AP information

Posted Mar 16, 2021 01:51 PM
    we recently upgraded our controllers and our airwave in the past month.  I did not realize it but we have not seen any rogue AP messages (detections ) in a couple of weeks.    this seems to correlate with the upgrade of the airwave to 8.2.0.12 (from 8.2.0.10).   I know that I have an issue with a config on the MM/MDs that doesn't show the rogues on the MD (setting to collect the IDS information to the MD).   the Rogues do show on the MM (using the "show wms rogue-ap list" command.   so after seeing that they were on the MM I went to airwave and forced a poll of the MM.  well I got and alert about the Rogue at this point.   I want to know if there is a setting that tells airwave how often to poll the MM so that I can change this to do it more often.

Thanks for any info.

Dave

------------------------------
    Dave Abels

• 2.  RE: airwave polling of an MM to gather Rogue AP information

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 22, 2021 01:43 PM
    We can set the polling interval for the devices under Group --> Basic page on Airwave where we have the controllers. By default Automatic Rogue polling interval will be 30 minutes.

Vishnu Mannil
    Aruba ERT

If my post addresses your query, give kudos :)