Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

2 555 APs up but radios down

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  2 555 APs up but radios down

Posted Jul 14, 2021 12:08 PM
    I have a MM and 2 72k controllers (8.6.0.6). 2 access points are up but radios are showing down in AirWave. 555 radios have one red light indicating the same thing. I tried to change the Group in cli but it said I don't have permission to execute this command. The Group is build the same as another Group that is currently working. This is a new system setup. Each Group is a different building. I will try to plug the APs straight into the building switch, in the morning to verify this is not a cable problem. Both APs show in database table but not in active or profile-errors.

------------------------------
    Kirk Christensen

• 2.  RE: 2 555 APs up but radios down
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 15, 2021 04:09 AM
    Couple of things to check:

1) Does the AP-555 have enough power? If running on 802.3af it is not supported, at a minimum you need 802.3at ( AP-555 Datasheet ) + enable LLDP.
    2) What is the regulatory domain of the AP, Controllers and the AP Regulatory Domain Profiles? Are these all correct?
    3) Does the DRT you have installed on the MD's support the AP-555?
    4) If you run the command 'show ap database' what flags are shown next to the AP-555?
    6) Do you have sufficient licenses?
    5) Sounds like you need to correct permissions to change any settings first...

Craig Syme

• 3.  RE: 2 555 APs up but radios down

Posted Jul 19, 2021 11:03 AM
    It turned out to be LLDP. Forgot about that. Just got access to the system after months of waiting. Thank you!!

Kirk Christensen