Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

aruba switch 6200F cannot edit interfaces in WEB UI

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  aruba switch 6200F cannot edit interfaces in WEB UI

Posted Jan 05, 2022 09:56 AM
    Hi folks,

i cannot edit an switch port in the interfaces menu, for example to change the port speed in the web ui.
    In the web ui guide is an edit button near the selected interface, but in my UI is no edit button. i have tried several browsers and different firmware images.
    can you help me how to edit the port speed in the web ui?

kind regards

• 2.  RE: aruba switch 6200F cannot edit interfaces in WEB UI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 07, 2022 07:32 AM
    Are you logged in with manager privileges?

There should be a pencil, and with that you can edit the port speed:

I'm running AOS-CX 10.8.

If you have not logged on or with operator profile, you may not see the pencil.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: aruba switch 6200F cannot edit interfaces in WEB UI

Posted Jan 10, 2022 04:54 AM
    Thanks for your reply! The pencil doesn't appear but i'm logged in as "admin" with the administrator role.
    How do i get manager privileges?

• 4.  RE: aruba switch 6200F cannot edit interfaces in WEB UI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 10, 2022 05:36 AM
    Normally you have manager privileges when you login as admin. Do you use the built-in admin/manager account? Or do you have something configured for RADIUS/TACACS and remote admin accounts?

Can you access for example the firmware update feature when logged in as admin?
    What version of AOS-CX do you run?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: aruba switch 6200F cannot edit interfaces in WEB UI

Posted Jan 10, 2022 05:46 AM
    We use the built-in admin account without any radius configuration or remote accounts.
    The pencil is missing in AOS-CX-10.08.1030 an 10.05.0021.

We have tested edge browser, internet explorer, firefox and chrome.

• 6.  RE: aruba switch 6200F cannot edit interfaces in WEB UI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 10, 2022 07:45 AM
    Can you access other admin features, like firmware updates?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------

• 7.  RE: aruba switch 6200F cannot edit interfaces in WEB UI

Posted Jan 10, 2022 07:52 AM
    Yes. Firmware Update is available in the GUI

• 8.  RE: aruba switch 6200F cannot edit interfaces in WEB UI
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 10, 2022 08:57 AM
    Then it may be best to work with support, as I run the same firmware on a 6300F (10.08.1030), and I see the edit.

You could also use the CLI, of course, if you just need the configuration to be in.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------