Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

MIgration Airwave to another Airwave

This thread has been viewed 35 times
  • 1.  MIgration Airwave to another Airwave

Posted Jul 01, 2021 12:45 PM
    Hello,

I want to migrate from an airwave to another airwave server, a controller and its associated IAP.

The 2 airwaves are not at the same version. But the target airwave is in version 8.2.12.1

What are the steps to follow in order to correctly perform the migration?
    Should I migrate first the controller and then the IAPs or the reverse?

Can you tell me the best way to do it, I can't find any documentation about it except the configuration backup / restore which can't work here.

Thank you.

------------------------------
    Alexis

• 2.  RE: MIgration Airwave to another Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 01, 2021 12:55 PM

Best way to do the migration is taking a backup and restoring. However, since new Airwave is on a different version than the old one direct restore wont be possible, as Airwave backup can be restored only on same version.
    We can upgrade the old Airwave till 8.2.12.1 version, then take a backup and restore it on the new Airwave server running on 8.2.12.1.

Vishnu Mannil
    Aruba ERT

If my post addresses your query, give kudos :)

• 3.  RE: MIgration Airwave to another Airwave

Posted Jul 02, 2021 09:41 AM
    Thanks for your answer, but I'm afraid I won't be able to upgrade my Airwave version.

In fact on my new airwave there are already equipments that are not present on the old one. So using a backup would remove everything that already exists on the new airwave.

Is there any possibility to migrate without a backup / restore ?

Alexis Vinche

• 4.  RE: MIgration Airwave to another Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 02, 2021 10:55 AM
    The other way is to manually add the controller to new AirWave server and point the IAP to new AirWave server. Change the AMS IP on the IAP's. without migration the data wont be restored and this setup will have the devices as new. However, VisualRf backup can be migrated across versions.

Gowri Sankar Amujuri

• 5.  RE: MIgration Airwave to another Airwave

Posted Jul 07, 2021 11:24 AM
    Hi,

I want to do the same thing.

I modify the ams-ip line of the template of the group I want to migrate.

I validate the modification.

Then the VC takes the status Mismatch, the only line that is problematic in the Mismatch page is :

Desired ams-key XXXXXXXXXX

When I delete this line from the template, the AP takes back the address of the old airwave in the ams-ip line.

Have you ever seen this problem ?

Thank you.

Guilhem CESAR

• 6.  RE: MIgration Airwave to another Airwave

Posted Jul 14, 2021 02:23 PM
    we did this, our was the same server though, we took a backup and put the new server on the new ip, 

Then in airwave you have to "allow airwave config changes" in the config group(s) 

I then set the old server as the backup and the new server as the primary. 

they instantly connect to the new server. I then used the new server to delete the old one from the configs. 

in your case i think you would just change primary server to the new and leave the 2nd server as the old one and push that config. in the new AW server you would just have to add them in when they pop as "new" 

once done you should be able to delete the old server from the new one

Andrew Miller