Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave SSID limit

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  Airwave SSID limit

Posted May 27, 2021 12:46 PM
    Hello,

Currently, we have created 14 SSIDs on the Airwave server. We need to create more but the system is blocking us at 14 while we are working in zone for SSID deployment.

How can we override the limitation on Airwave?

Thank you.

Nicolas

------------------------------
    Nicolas Julien

• 2.  RE: Airwave SSID limit

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 28, 2021 04:29 AM
    Are you referring to Aruba Instant APs being managed via AirWave? There is a hardware limit of 16x BSSID per radio. As a best practice you should not broadcast more then 3 to 4 SSID's per radio due to the overhead placed on the medium.

Craig Syme

• 3.  RE: Airwave SSID limit

Posted Jul 19, 2021 01:51 PM
    Quantos ESSID posso criar usando um cluster IAP? using AP 305

Daniel Gurgel da Silva
    ---------------- --------------
    ------------------------------------ -------
    Mensagem original:
    Enviado: 28 de maio de 2021 04:28 AM
    De: Craig Syme
    Assunto: Limite de SSID do Airwave

Você está se referindo aos APs instantâneos da Aruba sendo gerenciados via AirWave? Existe um limite de hardware de 16x BSSID por rádio. Como prática recomendada, você não deve transmitir mais de 3 a 4 SSIDs por rádio devido à sobrecarga colocada no meio.

Craig Syme
    ------------------ ------------

Mensagem original:
    Enviado: 27 de maio de 2021 05:13 AM
    De: Nicolas Julien
    Assunto: Limite de SSID do Airwave

Olá,

Atualmente, criamos 14 SSIDs no servidor Airwave. Precisamos criar mais, mas o sistema está nos bloqueando aos 14, enquanto estamos trabalhando na zona para implantação de SSID.

Como podemos anular a limitação do Airwave?

Obrigada.

Nicolas

Nicolas Julien
    ----------------- -------------

• 4.  RE: Airwave SSID limit

Posted Jul 23, 2021 09:03 AM
    I am hoping you can point me to a document that talks about the SSID limit per radio because we are having that fight with one of the leads here. Do you know where I can find that limit in writing? I can't seem to locate it. Thank you.

Kirk Christensen

• 5.  RE: Airwave SSID limit

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2021 04:31 AM
    Please reach out to your Aruba partner, Aruba SE, or Aruba support as you are asking the wrong question IMHO.

SSID limits are per AP/Radio, and you should never even reach that limit in practice. Having more than 3-4 SSIDs per radio will result in poor performance as the SSID broadcast overhead will consume most of the available airtime (search for SSID overhead calculator, and there are plenty of resources that explain why you should limit the number of SSIDs).

There may be exceptions, but designing for a high number of SSIDs will get you into problems at some point, and that is because of how WiFi works in general, not Aruba specific.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 6.  RE: Airwave SSID limit

Posted Jul 19, 2021 11:46 AM
    I am a little curious how to create SSIDs in AirWave. I am creating them in the Mobility Master, but we aren't using Instant AP...whatever that is. We have 555 radios. Maybe that is it...?

Kirk Christensen

• 7.  RE: Airwave SSID limit

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2021 12:10 PM
    For Controller based APs, Config should be done from Mobility Master only. Airwave cannot manage/push config to Controller based APs.

Gowri Sankar Amujuri