Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave - CX - Loss of clients every hour

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  Airwave - CX - Loss of clients every hour

Posted Dec 10, 2021 03:28 AM
    Hi,

I install an Airwave with a Aruba-CX infrastructure and clients graphs show every hour we loss 20 clients. We also have an error with the Aruba-CX switch : "Error in SNMP polling : Timeout (interface_monitor).

We are in Warehouse environnement, there is no real loss of client on site.

We are in 8.2.13.1 version and had the same behavior on 8.2.12.0. This is a configuration issue ? I'm not very comfortable with this product...

Thanks for your help,

------------------------------
    Marc Antoine Catteau

• 2.  RE: Airwave - CX - Loss of clients every hour

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 10, 2021 09:42 AM
    Hi,
    The error of SNMP timeout may be due to missing polling parameters due to the Airwave server being busy or some network loss. 
    Looking at the saw tooth pattern graph, i think the issue is with Airwave performance. Is the server spec'ed as per the HW sizing guide? Do you see CPU, RAM usage being high or RabbitMQ loss under System > Performance page?
    If thats system performance issue, please open a TAC case they need to check from logs, if a particular process is crashing and fix it accordingly.

Gowri Sankar Amujuri

• 3.  RE: Airwave - CX - Loss of clients every hour

Posted Dec 10, 2021 09:54 AM
    Hi,

We follow the hardware guide for the sizing of the VM. 

We only have the issue with wired client. We also have a cluster of three controlers without problems.

Graphs don't indicate a performance problem :

We always have SNMP Timeout, it's seems to be constant, not like the loss of client.

Thanks for your help,

• 4.  RE: Airwave - CX - Loss of clients every hour

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 10, 2021 09:57 AM
    Ok thanks. So, looks like communication between Airwave and CX. Is CX added with management/system IP to Airwave? What is the version of CX?

Gowri Sankar Amujuri

• 5.  RE: Airwave - CX - Loss of clients every hour

Posted Dec 10, 2021 10:01 AM
    Hi,

We are running 10.07.0010.

Airwave is configured as trap host in CX switchs and Airwave poll switchs with SNMPv3 user.

There is other configuration on switchs to have a maximum of information in Airwave ?

Thanks,

Marc Antoine Catteau

• 6.  RE: Airwave - CX - Loss of clients every hour

Posted Dec 13, 2021 10:23 AM

I'm sorry i just realize that i misunderstand your post.

We monitoring switchs with their vlan interface on the default VRF. snmp-server is enabled on the default vrf.

Regards,

Marc Antoine Catteau

• 7.  RE: Airwave - CX - Loss of clients every hour

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2021 08:54 AM
    Marc,
    snmp error message which you see in device event page is for interface_monitor not specific to client data.

We can modify the polling interval values and also need to check service watcher log to see any service is getting crashed during the period of client drop.

We generally we see memory_limit error in service watcher log which cause service to restart randomly,  p open TAC ticket to verify logs.

Pavan Arshewar
    Principal Network Engineer

If my post addresses your query, give kudos!

• 8.  RE: Airwave - CX - Loss of clients every hour

Posted Dec 16, 2021 12:32 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for your response. I move the group from SNMP version 3 to version 2c and then back to version 3 and we don't have any errors anymore.

For the client drop on Airwave, i notified that our DECT AP are attached to the core switch and not the access switch on Airwave. The association time match the loss of client on the charts :

We have this problem with this type of devices only.

Marc Antoine Catteau

• 9.  RE: Airwave - CX - Loss of clients every hour

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 17, 2021 04:47 AM
    In screen shot I dont see any role/username details, screen shot which you have shared is of Clients > Connected page ?

Under this page we see all current associated clients. For graph drop, I would recommand to open TAC ticket to verify logs.

Pavan Arshewar
    Principal Network Engineer

If my post addresses your query, give kudos!