Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

REST API - Insight Endpoint Time range

This thread has been viewed 36 times
  • 1.  REST API - Insight Endpoint Time range

Posted Jan 25, 2021 12:52 PM
    Hi,
     We are calling the API /api/insight/endpoint/time-range/{from}/{to} to get the list of endpoints. 

We want to know few things about the API:
    1. In the above, does the from and to parameters denote when the device was last updated? Basically the "
    updated_at" value in the response? 

2. This API does not seem to support paging. So will this API always give all the records, or are there some limitations? We want to fetch all the records.

3. Any filtering options available for this API?

Thanks in advance,
    Abhishek

------------------------------
    Abhishek Dixit

• 2.  RE: REST API - Insight Endpoint Time range

Posted Jan 28, 2021 01:12 AM
    Hi,
     Can someone please answer the above query. 
    Also if I have mistakenly posted in the wrong forum, can you please point me to the correct one.

Thanks a lot.

Abhishek Dixit

• 3.  RE: REST API - Insight Endpoint Time range

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2021 06:33 AM
    Yes, it should better be posted in the Developer forum (or the Security forum).

I had a look and the time range shows to indeed filter on the updated_at, which can be easily demonstrated by putting some recent timestamps in, like 2 minutes ago or so, and you will see that the updated_at is all within that range.

Limitations on number of records, or filtering capabilities are not documented, if you need a definitive answer to that you should probably contact Aruba Support. My guess would be that there is no unpractical limit to the number of endpoints, but you should both for the ClearPass side and your own processing side not request huge datasets of 10s of thousands of devices. You filter already on the time range and you could request 'time segments' if you need smaller chunks of data.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 4.  RE: REST API - Insight Endpoint Time range

Posted Jan 29, 2021 12:22 AM
    Thanks a lot Herman for the info. I will check further as you pointed out.
    Also I will post further queries on the Developer forum.

Thanks.

Abhishek