Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Cape sensor - two questions

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  Cape sensor - two questions

Posted Jan 07, 2021 03:08 PM
    Hello and Happy new year.

We use Cape sensors (not the newer UXI) and I have a couple of questions.

We had a sensor deployed that we disconnected for now. Of course it still shows up on the dashboard. If I "Remove" the sensor does it  go back to my list of available sensors for future deployment? Message just warns me that removing the sensor can't be undone. I suspect it goes back to the list of unused sensors but want to verify.

I'm using another sensor at a remote site for wired and wireless connectivity. Both are currently working. I want to test giving the sensor a static IP after configuring it's port in a different vlan. If I give the sensor a static IP and something fails (e.g. routing issue, typo, etc.) can I still connect to the sensor over it's wireless link or T-mobile to change the IP settings on the wired interface? I want to test with this but don't want to lock myself out of reaching the sensor because of a bad wired static..

Thanks!
    Mike

------------------------------
    Michael Dickson
    Network Engineer
    University of Massachusetts Amherst

• 2.  RE: Cape sensor - two questions

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 08, 2021 02:39 AM
    1. If I "Remove" the sensor does it  go back to myst of available sensors for future deployment? Yes it come back in the list for deployment.
    2. Cape-sensor have 4G connection for configuration and monitor when then lan/wlan is offline. Not sure you can buy it without this subscription.

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2020 | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE

• 3.  RE: Cape sensor - two questions

Posted Jan 11, 2021 01:08 PM
    Thanks Marcel. I can confirm the sensor goes back to the "on hand list" after being removed. My other question had more to do with whether I could stil manage the unit over the LTE link or the wireless link if the Ethernet link goes down. And happily I found that I can. I don't know the order in which the sensor communicates to the cloud - which interface it uses - but I suspect it will try any link that works - any port in a storm!

Michael Dickson
    Network Engineer
    University of Massachusetts Amherst