Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

2930M Stacking in Central Clarifications

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  2930M Stacking in Central Clarifications

Posted May 27, 2021 03:13 PM
    This is related strictly to 2930M and 3810M switch stacks using stacking modules (not VSF).

In the documentation, it's unclear and information appears not current related to stacking and was hoping for current information.

1. Can a 2930M stack be managed using a UI group or is it still limited to a template group?
    2. Can the 2930M configuration be imported into a new UI group or must it still be set back to default and all configuration done within Central?

I watched a video where a 2930f VSF could be configured and managed in a UI group but no discussion around using the stacking kit in a 2930M.  Plus, the documentation seems to still state that stacking in any form is still only supported in template groups.

I have a lot of clients running 2930M and 3810M stacks and they've been avoiding bringing them into Central because they don't want to have to deal with template groups for every configuration change.  It's also becoming harder since other vendor Cloud offerings are moving beyond Central even though Central has been around for quite a while now.  For instance, Extreme CloudIQ can bring in an existing Extreme switch stack configuration and manages the stack no problem as if it was a normal chassis.  

Thanks in advanced!

------------------------------
    Matthew Ausmus

• 2.  RE: 2930M Stacking in Central Clarifications

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2021 02:35 AM
    please refer to the latest online Aruba Central doco
    https://help.central.arubanetworks.com/2.5.3/documentation/online_help/content/switches/cfg/conf-stack-ui-groups.htm

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.