Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central Factory Reset Switches

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central Factory Reset Switches

Posted Jul 02, 2021 11:54 AM
    Hi all,

We  have a number of aruba central sites with switches and AP's in. 

A few of the sites we have are closing down and we need to securely wipe the configuration of the AP's and the Switches before they are removed from site.

We also need to do this remotely from the location. 

I have figured out to move the AP's to the default site and then use a console to write erase all and reboot the ap which has successfully cleared the config.

I am unable to repeat the exercise with the switches however, when attempting to move to default site I get a message stating:

" you cannot move from a template group you must first delete the switch and factory reset before assigning".

If I delete the switch from the portal I will loose remote access and therefore cannot wipe the device.

I have also attempted to research using the CLI to carry out a command to factory reset the device - most documentation leads to the command erase startup-config  and also to include credentials.

However when I run the command the "erase" command does not appear in the context list almost like it does not exist.

Has anyone had any experience of carrying out this procedure and how I can factory reset and wipe the config on the switch?

thanks,

Lee

------------------------------
    Lee Dudmish

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central Factory Reset Switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2021 02:07 AM
    you need to get console access for the switch. you can do this by going to switch overview page -> Actions -> Console
    once you have access to the console you can then enable support mode.

Aruba2930F-8G-Lab (config)# aruba-central support-mode enable

Aruba2930F-8G-Lab (config)# erase all

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.