Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

WiFi voice phones not working

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  WiFi voice phones not working

Posted May 19, 2021 09:45 AM
    Hi All,

I have an Aruba Central managed network with a separate VLAN for voice traffic. Wired phones are all working well but I have a few wireless phones on their own SSID on the same voice VLAN that are basically unusable, choppy voice, not ringing, disconnect constantly etc.

I assume there is some config I'm missing on the voice SSID. Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Stuart

------------------------------
    Toucan Techs

• 2.  RE: WiFi voice phones not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2021 10:21 AM
    That can be anything. Phone, wired network, APs, interference, settings, QoS, etc. Please work with your Aruba partner, or Aruba Support to start investigating and narrow down what is happening.

One recommendation would be to move the wireless devices to a separate VLAN from wired devices.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: WiFi voice phones not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2021 10:43 AM
    Hi,

Did you check what are the recommended wireless settings of the VOIP phone vendor? Did you cross check those against your config?

Ayman Mukaddam

• 4.  RE: WiFi voice phones not working

Posted May 26, 2021 07:04 PM
    Either the router is malfunctioning, or you have the wrong router for cloud telephony. When using VoIP, you'll need a router that prioritizes calls through the internet. This feature is known as Quality of Service, or QoS for short.  You may experience call quality issues if you don't set it up.

COOYAR COOYAR