Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

How to change gateway model in a Group?

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  How to change gateway model in a Group?

Posted Feb 19, 2021 07:12 AM
    Say I have 9400-LTE as a lab device and I build production configuration for a Group (named for example as LAB) in which my lab gw belongs to. Once configuration has been verified I create a production Group (name for example as PROD) by cloning the lab group, and introducing new name for the Group (PROD). All good so far, but in production I have 9400 devices (without LTE) and now in my PROD Group I see reference to model 9400-LTE... Is there a way to change the gw hw model of the group? For this very case I am not using LTE so I don't mind if I lose all the LTE-related settings. I am aware of the difference in physical LAN interfaces among the gateways, but in this very case also the LAN interfaces are the same... I really don't fancy the idea of using Central UI to configure this new group from scratch: all policies, network aliases, DPS settings, routing settings, radius servers etc...

------------------------------
    gone fishing.

• 2.  RE: How to change gateway model in a Group?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 20, 2021 06:54 PM
    you can add 9004 gateways to the group that had 9004-LTE.
    no issues with the config.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: How to change gateway model in a Group?

Posted Feb 22, 2021 01:18 AM
    Thank you, ariyap!

gone fishing.

• 4.  RE: How to change gateway model in a Group?

Posted Feb 24, 2021 11:52 AM
    to assign gateways to a group, complete the following steps: In the Network Operations app, set the filter to Global. Under Maintain, click Organization > Groups. Under Manage Groups, from the devices table on the right, select the gateway that you want to assign to a new group.
    ACES ETM
    Springs Springs