Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Rogue Detection is disabled, please contact Aruba Support to have this feature enabled.

This thread has been viewed 30 times
  • 1.  Rogue Detection is disabled, please contact Aruba Support to have this feature enabled.

Posted May 05, 2021 10:04 AM
    Hi all, I have seen this screen for many new Central accounts:

Why is it not enabled by default? Why do we have to contact support to request it to be enabled?

------------------------------
    Abdel Castro Perpuli

• 2.  RE: Rogue Detection is disabled, please contact Aruba Support to have this feature enabled.

MVP GURU
    Posted May 05, 2021 11:10 AM
    I would love to know the answer to this too!

Dustin Burns

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: Rogue Detection is disabled, please contact Aruba Support to have this feature enabled.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 06, 2021 06:26 AM
    I'm not categorically sure why it's a request only feature but if I was to guess it would be because it's a stream of private data that a customer should opt in to sending up to the cloud. BSSIDs + RSSI essentially equals location, when you leverage this data against a third party location api service such as Google's. 

I could be wrong, this is purely my own opinion.

• 4.  RE: Rogue Detection is disabled, please contact Aruba Support to have this feature enabled.

Posted May 06, 2021 09:42 AM
    I hadn't thought about this but I think it could be a good reason, thank you for sharing!

Abdel Castro Perpuli

• 5.  RE: Rogue Detection is disabled, please contact Aruba Support to have this feature enabled.

Posted Feb 06, 2024 02:42 PM

In order to enable IDS/IPS, select the group you want to enable IDS/IPS services for --> navigate to Devices --> select Access Points tab --> select Config --> select the Security tab --> scroll down to Wireless IDS/IPS --> configure desired settings in Detection & Protection which are in the Off position by default.