Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things Aruba Central and UXI Network Management, this includes Aruba Central managed networks, Central configuration, best practices, Central APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics and Other Central Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

MultiEdit + VSX?

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  MultiEdit + VSX?

Posted Mar 14, 2022 07:16 PM
    Wondering if there are any caveats and guidance on managing a VSX enabled device using MultiEdit from Aruba Central?

For example, if I make a change to remove a VLAN that is synced on both devices, or update a prefix-list, should I edit both devices in Central or just the VSX primary? How will Aruba Central handle the configuration change that is synced automatically to the VSX secondary?

------------------------------
    Chris Denham

• 2.  RE: MultiEdit + VSX?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2022 07:28 PM
    check this link which outlines the commands not supported in MultiEdit mode.

https://help.central.arubanetworks.com/2.5.4/documentation/online_help/content/nms/aos-cx/cfg/conf-cx-multiedit-cmds-nt-sup.htm

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: MultiEdit + VSX?

Posted Mar 14, 2022 07:33 PM
    Thanks - I have seen this command list, but doesn't answer my question :)

Chris Denham

• 4.  RE: MultiEdit + VSX?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2022 07:54 PM
    There is also another note in Central that VSX and template based group for those switches is not supported.
    Now using Multiedit i think you have 2x choices, one being the VSX primary being the single-source of truth for configuration  and the second is to not use VSX-sync when using Multiedit

I generally go with using VSX primary.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.