Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central Newbie - Stuck

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central Newbie - Stuck

Posted Jun 23, 2021 11:18 AM
    Hi,

We're completely new to Aruba Central, and have found ourselves stuck while commissioning our first (test) network.
    My test setup includes a 2530 switch, and an AP-505.

We've registered all of our devices, so our switches and AP's all appear in Aruba Central Inventory, and have assigned licenses accordingly.

When we go into Network Operations - our switches all appear with their online/offline status beautifully.  However, we don't see any of the AP's.

We've not made any config changes to the test AP (it's almost as it was out of the box).  It has picked up a DHCP address and I can connect to its portal locally.

I feel like we've missed something silly in our process - can anyone help?

Thanks,

Tim

------------------------------
    Tim Hunter

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central Newbie - Stuck

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 24, 2021 08:00 PM
    make sure that the IAPs have access to the internet and have a valid DNS

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central Newbie - Stuck

Posted Jun 25, 2021 04:18 AM

Thanks Ariya,

We managed to resolve this with the help of HPE support.

Turns out that there was an issue with Central recognising our licenses.  We simply unassigned the device licenses and reapplied them, after a few minutes our online devices appeared.  Disconnected equipment is not displayed, but that's not a problem for us, and I guess it will display after first connection.

Tim